Review Request: Fancy-schmancy Kickoff layout tricks for dissident panel placements

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Tue Feb 26 21:02:54 CET 2008

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:

> Are the top-right bottom-right modes more common in right-to-left languages (I can't really see it being a preference for left-to-right language users)?  The inverse organization would might make sense in that case (because order of importance for those languages are right-to-left instead of left-to-right anyway).  This would probably need to be reviewed by i18n.

I tend to agree with Celeste about the order of the buttons on RTL / LTR
desktops.

Celeste, next time try thinking of "first" and next. In LTR desktops
"first" is on the left, and on RTL desktops "first" is on the right.
Please try plasma with "--reverse" in the command line, and see how it
works (the menus should open the left, and not right).