Review Request: Fancy-schmancy Kickoff layout tricks for dissident panel placements

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 26 21:04:28 CET 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> >     Oh, and as a long term rightedge+northeast user on KDE 3, I assert
> > that having the leave tab always closest to the mouse on popup is
> > genuinely tiresome.
>
> The menu tab options are ordered in order of importance so it makes sense
> for the Leave button to always be the "last" option, either left to right
> or top to bottom ordering.

that's what i thought as well ...

with the tab button hover delay this shouldn't be much of an issue either;
it's much more of an issue with kickoff in kde3 as the delay is much lower
(non-existent?)

> Are the top-right bottom-right modes more common in right-to-left languages
> (I can't really see it being a preference for left-to-right language
> users)?  The inverse organization would might make sense in that case
> (because order of importance for those languages are right-to-left instead
> of left-to-right anyway).  This would probably need to be reviewed by i18n.

the order is already reversed for us in RTL desktops for us by the QTabBar, so
we don't need to worry about that really.