update()ing on system color change

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 22 19:25:18 CET 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008, Jamboarder wrote:
> the color scheme changed. This worked, until I realized that not all
> displayed plasma "thingies" were applets.  So, of course, not everything
> updated (desktop icons, taskbar items, etc.).  Short of going around to all
> the plasma "thingie" classes, is there a more central place that this could
> be done?

well, for the classes in libplasma such as Plasma::Icon we could probably hook
up to the colour updated signal, even the KDE global one (meaning icons would
repaint even if there is a Plasma::Theme colors file, but that's probably ok)

for things like the taskbar entries, i don't see a shortcut, no.

what we could do is make the slot in Applet virtual so that applets could
override it. or ... maybe even better we could send out a constraints update
with a ColorSchemeConstraint item? trigger it by sending it to each
containment and Containment could then cascade it down to the applets?