sizing in plasma lineedit

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Fri Feb 22 00:45:47 CET 2008

Plasma::Lineedit::maximumSize() has the following funny bits:

QSizeF LineEdit::maximumSize() const
{
    return minimumSize();
}

That makes maximumSize() basically ineffective, and often even broken (which
is why the text doesn't stay within the bounds).

I've done a quick check, returning QSizeF(1000, 1000) and that fixes at least
the notes applet. But that feels icky and I cannot easily think of something
more sensible (well, maybe a higher value).

So what to do about this? (svn blame on those lines and tarring / feathering
comes to mind, but that doesn't fix the notes applet ;-)).

I can of course commit the return QSizeF(10000, 10000), as a quickfix if no
one has problems with that.
--
sebas