4.0.2 backport-a-thon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 15 21:50:00 CET 2008

hi all..

a backport party is planned for this weekend on irc, and will be led by
Riccardo (ruphy). it's planned to start at ~13:00 UTC in #plasma and continue
until everyone drops ;)

we have a page to collect items for backporting here:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/4.0.2_Backporting_Session

please note revision numbers if at _all_ possible as that makes things a lot
easier. ruphy will be using a git repo of plasma to do the merging, though
he'd welcome any help we can offer as well.

we need to avoid BIC commits, so eyes on that would be good.

we also need to make sure things still build against 4.0. watching the
dirkboard[1] is good for that.

so come on out and help bring relief to those pore souls who haven't seen the
light of svn trunk ;)

as for i18n, we've gotten further "Ok"s from the Icelandic, Greek, Estonian
and Danish team. the winning reply came from the Danish i18n team:

[1] http://developer.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/