moving trashcan applet to somewhere else

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 11 23:12:40 CET 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 11 February 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 February 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > i wanted to move the trashcan applet out of playground, were it could
> > > go? (in extragear? even in base?)
> >
> > imho: kdebase.
> >
> > it would be really cool if the trash applet was able to do "Funky" things
> > with non-files dropped on it too...
>
> ejecting cds like macos?  lol :)

why not? =) solid would make that easy.

> more serious actions maybe doing the right thing when an item from the
> location bar of dolphin is dropped here instead of trying to delete the
> location is pointing to, wonder it it could be done without linking to the
> world

interesting area for research.

> ok, now it's in kdereview

i made a couple of small whitespace changes so that it was intenernally
self-consistent and added setRemainSquare to it. otherwise, it looks good.

in summary, it's essentially a fork of the Icon applet with a specific menu
and a default url to it. which means we have that nasty sceneEventFilter and
mouseMoveEvent code duplicated between the two of them. if we find one more
applet that does that or needs that same functionality, i'll put it into
Applet directly