refiining runners

Bernhard mustermaxi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:16:52 CET 2008

> it's hard to know what you are refering to when you top-post like this =/

I'm really sorry Aaron! When  you first told me not to top-post I did'nt
know what you meant.. my english still is very rough.. sry...

but yes... you've understood what I ment. thx for the answer

my personal use case for runners in kickoff:

when I tried running compiz on my machine I often ended up with no window
manager.. then I could just open the kickoff start menu and type in the
search field: kwin --replace and kickoff offered me the option: "run kwin
--replace" and everything was fine. This is not possible at the moment and
also kickoff/KDE4 doesn't find every program I've installed ... seems like
kickoff just searches in the startmenu.. and not in the folders of the $PATH
variable... with krunner I can start these programs.

Hope this wasn't to weird ^^