KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 18:04:28 CET 2008

messes
with
each
> individual
theme
is
think
wrong.

As mentioned in a separate email, the proposal would not mess each individual theme since plasma would only apply system colors due to the presence of the proposed hint-use-system-colors element in the theme svg, not based on a configuration option available to the user. This gives the *artist* the option of designing a theme to work with system colors.  Artists that don't want the theme to be affected by system colors would simply omit the hint from the svg (as all current themes do).  This is similar to how we can currently choose to have plasma stretch borders by adding the hint-stretch-borders element to the svg, or tile borders by not omitting it.

I whole-heartedly agree plasma is *much* more theme-able than kicker ever was.  Just thought this might give theme artists the added ability to create themes that adjust to the system color settings without interfering with artists who don't care for such a thing.

Sorry if I'm overly advocating for something no-one else wants.

Much respect for all the hard work!