KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 04:13:16 CET 2008

> that's a bit like saying, "you can paint any
> painting you want, as long as you
> use a palette knife and cerulean blue to do it."
> "exactly like" doesn't follow from "but your svg's
> are going to be tinted".

Actually what I meant is that if the proposed
hint-use-system-color element exists in the plasma
theme svg then it could only be intentional on the
theme author's part (which would imply that the svg is
designed to work with system colors).  If the element
is missing (i.e. the theme author didn't *add* the
element to the svg) then the svg would be rendered
exactly as there are currently.  This mechanism would
not force system color "tinting" (or whatever) on
anyone that doesn't explicitly want it and designed
their plasma theme svg for it. Does the
hint-stretch-borders element work much differently?

I thought this might allow plasma to look exactly as
it does right now with existing themes (since no
current svg has this element), but allow new themes to
be designed to take advantage of system-colors if the
theme authors desire.  Those who don't want plasma (or
parts of it) to use system colors can continue to use
themes like the current one.  Those who want plasma to
use system colors can find themes that are designed
to.

Just a suggestion though.  If it's not possible then,
much as I would like some kind of system color-plasma
interaction, no worries...

Much respect.