Regression?

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:15:59 CET 2008

On February 7, 2008 07:06:23 Chani wrote:

> > > does this patch fix it?
> >
> > unfortunately not :-/ Anyway, I'll try to investigate it tomorrow a bit
> > more in detail.
>
> the layout's destructor calls LayoutItem::setLayout(0) on the parent which
> then tries to delete the layout that's in the middle of being deleted...
> maybe we need a deleteLater() ? maybe the destructor shouldn't be calling
> that?

the more I think about it, the more it seems that the child shouldn't be
telling the parent; the parent should be responsible for the child and nobody
else should be allowed to delete the child. do we have any code anywhere that
tries to delete a layout without first removing it from its parent?

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com