KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:25:19 CET 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le lundi 4 février 2008, Sebastian Kuegler a écrit :
> > I've toyed around with Plasma's colors and KWin's boxswitch and made
> > KWin's boxswitch using Plasma colors [...]
>
> I just add a note to say that i agree with Lubos:
> Plasma should not have his own color theme.
> Remember the big discution on kde-core-devel about colors.
>
> "Plasma has to follow the SVG colors" ?
> The SVG should follow the configurable desktop color sheme.
> This may sound crazy. But i'm sure this is possible.

maybe it would be somehow feasible with vector-only svg (that would require
phisically modifying the colors saved in the svg, is that possible with
qsvg?)
but some themes include pngs in base64 (the default background used now and
the fluffy bunny, save the fluffy bunny!) and this would be way trickyer and
no, i think would be bad renouncing to the possibility to embed bitmaps.

Cheers,
Marco Martin