Mac-like menu bar plasmoid added to playground

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Apr 21 14:16:09 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 21. April 2008, um 13:56 Uhr, schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> On Sunday 20 of April 2008, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > for those interested to have again a MacOS-like menu bar I started a port
> > (as in: start from scratch but in the end copy large parts and adapt
> > them) of the KDE 3 kicker applet. It even compiles and starts, but
> > somehow the toplevel menu windows are suppressed by KWindowSystem, so no
> > menus are catched by the plasmoid so far.
>
>  What do you mean, suppressed? The code has not really changed from KDE3
> (barring any Qt3->Qt4 changes).

Supressed as in:
If I have "plasmoidviewer programmenu" running and start kwrite
with "macStyle=true" the signal windowAdded() is still only emitted one time
by KWindowSystem, as can be seen in the debug output. IIUC there should be
another one for the toplevel menu bar, right?
Other than that things seem to work, the KWrite window is without a displayed
menu bar. Sadly I do not understand what xprop had to tell me, at least I saw
somewhere the KMenuBar window item, helping myself by patching kdelibs to
name the menu bar window with a identifier.

Friedrich