Plasma Themes API review

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 16:48:18 CEST 2008

Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first issue concerning theme APIs is what should be default - tiled or
> stretched items so that we could have uniform hints for that (problem
> manifestation is having hint-stretch-borders and hint-tile-center hints)

Originally hint-tile-center was chosen in order to not break compatibility with existing themes.  The inconsistency doesn't really bother me that much but, if we intend to break BC then just pick one: I say stretch-by-default.  The result is, by default, what the theme author builds in Inkscape is pretty much just scaled up or down when rendered by plasma.

Hope this helps,
Andrew Lake