Api changes: PanelSvg inheritance

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 22:30:29 CEST 2008

On 4/17/08, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have more or less finished the api changes on Svg and PanelSvg, the two
> things that still needs to be done are
> SvgPanel(path,parent) -> SvgPanel(parent) that doesn't seems to make much
> sense (having to set the file after creating the svg seems a little bit
> annoying and if it goes from here should go also from Svg)

Splitting the constructor from the setter in cases like this is pretty
normal for Qt-style APIs. In general avoiding heavy constructors and
using more explicit setters makes things more readable as code says
what it it doing rather than having things 'hidden' in the constructor
parameters.

Cheers

Rich.