Plasma User Types

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Sat Apr 12 17:44:26 CEST 2008

On Saturday 12 April 2008 15:41:04 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste at kde.org> wrote:
> > I've finished the interviews for the Plasma user groups.  A full report
> > and
> > analysis is to come soon, but here are some preliminary results.  Let me
> > know
> > if you have any questions.
>
> Should we include the different types of programming users for plasma. For
> example:
>
> * Professional C++ programmers
> * Professional non-C++ programmers (eg Ruby, Python)
> * Web programmers who are familar with HTML/Javascript and so on
> * Non professional programmers/power users
> * Students learning Plasma programming as an educational activity

Are you refering to users (one of their characteristics being "they program")
or developers (who should be able to develop with plasma-the-framework)?

In the second case, I think that's out of scope for *this* research, it's user
profiling.

That's not to say we didn't talk about that. We are thinking which kind of API
we're offering, taking entry barrier and such into account, and then I think
we're doing quite well covering the both extreme end (the C++ hacker and the
web programmer though JavaScript richmoore is working on right now).

It's of course not only about the API but also about documentation, which is
one of the things we have identified as priority to work on.
--
sebas