Plasma User Types

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Sat Apr 12 04:45:12 CEST 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008 19:58:11 Michael Rudolph wrote:
> On Friday 11 April 2008 15:50:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Friday 11 April 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > > I've finished the interviews for the Plasma user groups.  A full
> > > report and
> >
> > awesome. we're going to do a session based on your blog entry and the
> > user profiles today to get everyone onside and aware. hopefully this
> > will also help guide us over the next few days here in milano (and
> > beyond)
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm really intrigued to learn about your report and analysis, Celeste.
> And I'm also looking forward to hear what you will come up with in
> Milan. Because, honestly, I have problems understanding plasma user
> types so far. But perhaps i just disagree with you here.

Keep in mind these are not THE plasma user types. They are the types of users
within the realm of knowledge held by representative Plasma developers who
have the potential of using Plasma.  They are data to begin discussion of who
Plasma should focus on.  They need to be discussed in the context of existing
or future project goals.  Not all the types listed are primary users, just
potential users.  Certainly, some of them are more representative of KDE
users and likely to take advantage of Plasma than others.  This information
is just a way to start conversation on the topic, because otherwise, no one
would know where to start.  (Hence the "preliminary" -- meaning there was no
analysis done on the raw data)

I hope this clears up some of your concerns.  Otherwise we have a lot more to
talk about.

~ Celeste