Extenders, assembling plasmoids

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Wed Apr 9 16:29:11 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 03:07:26PM +0200, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2008 11:44:13 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 April 2008, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> > > I just found
> > > http://news.opensuse.org/2008/03/19/announcing-opensuse-110-alpha-3/
> > > with Gnome's interpretation of extenders. Looks interesting, that a user
> > > can apparently assemble a general info-applet.
> >
> > what are you referring to exactly? the international clock thing?
>
> Yes, there is a button at the top-right "edit" and you have several clocks,
> world-clock, appointments and weather in one applet and probably more
> possibilities (edit button). Currently it would not be possible to arrange
> such a thing on such a small space with plasmoids.
>
> Sven

Yeah, that gnome worldclock thing is pretty neat. I've written a proposal
for GSoC on extenders and something like that gnome worldclock should be
possible with the way I plan to implement extenders if my proposal gets
chosen.
Applets should be able to mix different widgets on one extender and of
course they're all detachable at will. You could even drop detached
extender items from different sources together in one applet if you want.
Extenders rock! :)

Rob Scheepmaker (pinda)