Is there a way to make plasma save the config?

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:18:18 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 00:21:10 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Henry de Valence wrote:
> > I have a problem where I can't delete plasmoids, because I'll do
> > ``delete'' from the little control thingie that comes up on mouseover,
> > but when I close plasma, when I open it, they are not yet deleted.
>
> i don't think the answer you're looking for will address your problem in
> the least. if they aren't staying deleted it's because they aren't actually
> getting deleted from the cotainment in the first place, or else you're
> running an older version of plasma (before we scheduled a config sync after
> plasmoid deletion) and plasma is crashing on exit.
>
> can you provide some more details as to what version of plasma you're
> running, if plasma is exiting cleanly, etc.?

plasma --version gives me:
<unknown program name>(6976)/ checkComposite: Plasma has an argb visual
0x805efa0 56623105
<unknown program name>(6976)/ checkComposite: Plasma is COMPOSITE-less on
0x805a3f8
Qt: 4.4.0-rc1
KDE: 4.00.68 (KDE 4.0.68 >= 20080402)
Plasma Workspace: 0.1

Plasma often crashes on exit, but I don't really notice it much because I
don't exit often. I'll try updating and rebuilding and see if that works.

Henry de Valence