straightforward use of engines

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 3 06:31:33 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Jordi Polo wrote:
> The twitter engine has several interfaces, but I only wanted to use the
> send information "interface" (or should I call it hack?).

yes, this needs to be replaced by Plasma::Service at some point.

> As I have the twitter applet up and running I suppose that each
> DataEngineManager::self()->load("twitter"); will do exactly that and create
> a new engine.

remember that if you call DataEngineManager::load yourself, call unload when
you are done with it.

> - The engines have their own configuration gui. The configuration gui of

s,engines,service,

in this case, you'd request a service for a given user, the service would know
it needs a password and would then prompt for it. unlike engines, services
will be allowed to both have (transient) GUI's and config storage.

> It may be a solved

on paper, not yet in code.

> or trivial problem.

not really =)