Tokamak planning

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 21:17:57 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 19:00:33 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi everyone...
>
> Tokamak (Mark I?), the first Plasma Developer Sprint, is starting in a
> little over a week's time.
>
> i figured it would be good to get some agenda-like details out of the way.
>
> First Rule Of Tokamak: There is no agenda. ;)
>
> seriously though, given the sorts of topics that are likely, i don't think
> there will be a large number of Big Architecture issues, but rather a lot
> of interesting implementation issues as well as fairly specific design and
> arhitecture areas to concentrate on.
>
> to coordinate this all a bit, i'd like everyone who will be attending to
> bring with them the following lists:
>
> * Primary: Up to 5 items that you would like to see dealt with during
> Tokamak * Secondary: Up to 5 additional items that you think need
> addressing * Everything else
>
> on the first day, we'll do a little meet 'n greet then share our primary
> lists in a group setting. this will help set the agenda for the rest of the
> event.
>
> if there aren't immediately dominant items from combining the primary
> lists, we'll add in information from the secondary lists.
>
> from there, we can break out to work on the items of interest to us
> (individually or, preferably, in groups) to address the various items on
> our agenda. there'll be a natural amount of discussion between breakout
> groups a well, i'm sure, since we'll still all be in the same room(s).
>
> we'll have full group sessions in the morning (after breakfast) and evening
> (before dinner) to regroup, compare notes, etc.  we can do this more often
> if necessary but i doubt it.
>
> at the end of each day, i'll ensure that we have a decent summary of the
> day upon the dev wiki so those who couldn't make it this time around can
> keep up with what we're doing =)

You're beating me to it, but I'm making exactly an agenda like this kind for
the meeting, with the help of Sebastian. I'll go this weekend again into my
house to prepare tables, rooms and spaces, and we (me and sebas) will let you
know more about the whole planning.
This weekend I'll also send you over some more details (personalized) on
getting here, along with maps, and everything you might need.

Nuno Pinheiro will talk a while of his artistic vision of plasma, on the first
day.

By the way, we'll have a small whiteboard lying around.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: