Kickoff patch review

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:49:44 CEST 2008

If this is a voting, then let me vote too :)

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 04:15:30 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> - New background look.
-1

Honestly i didn't read the related threads about filling or not filling background,
just reporting from me-as-a-user perspective. I like current look better than the one
in your patch, Rafael. So voting against this item.

(separately) Speaking about consistensy - drawing a not-filled round rect on hover is
used not only in kickoff. It is now in a common class Plasma::Delegate from what i've
heard on kde-commits at . It is already used in device notifier, and likely to be used
elsewhere  soon.
More: nepomuk's new tagging gui in dolphin also uses style like this to highlighting
buttons on hover - try to add a comment to some file in dolphin to see it.

> - Search hides tabbars (please note that instead of hiding, we could add
> another tabbar with only one tab "Search Results" so this would be more
> intuitive, despite that we would have less room for the results
> themselves). - Search highlights the first match so users only need to
> click enter. - Mouse tracking is strict. No item is hovered if the mouse is
> not over an item (except on the search, of course, if point 3 is accepted).
> - Pressing Up/Down on keyboard when no selection is made selects the last
> and first items respectively.
No objections to all of these :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.