and now for something completely similar...

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Tue Apr 1 07:36:26 CEST 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 21:20:31 Thomas Georgiou wrote:
> Ruphy,
> If you want to use the standard background for the clock, then why not
> just insert the standard backround svg into the clock background svg?

Three main reasons:
- Pixel perfection.
- Maintaining the ratio of the corners correct.
- Loosing the effect that you have at borders that changes for different
sizes.

That's why I'd like to have those basic things controlled by the theme author,
instead of the plasmoid author, not because I don't trust him (I did most of
the analog clock infact ;-) ) but because (s)he just can't know all the visual
appearences that the applet will be able to have with different themes.

Another good thing that we could add is support of picking different svgs
depending on what we're going to paint. Explaining better, this would allow,
e.g. when the analog clock is in the panel, that the theme tells it to pick a
special svg done for small sizes instead of just scaling the big one (which
makes the clock be almost unusable and completely blurry, currently). The same
trick (almost) is the one we're using with icons. They look blurry under a
certain size (we don't have 400dpi monitors yet...) unless special sizes are
made.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--