[Panel-devel] Plasma panel

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 20:28:24 CEST 2007

On Sunday 30 Sep 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Panel
> Panel
> Panel
> ------------- 0 -----------
> Screen 1			Screen 2			Screen 3

The problem here is knowing where on the screen to put the PanelView...

> the trick will be preventing users from accidently moving objects
> into the negative coordinate space themselves, but i think this is
> pretty easy to do, really (mostly by controling what the views are
> showing).

It actually is fine, as long as the panels have a z-value higher than
the desktops.  Anything moved into the panel space will just slide
under the panels

I've got another version with signals for updates here.  See what you
think.  Note that PanelViews are created on demand now, so you can now
add panels from the desktop context menu.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org