[Panel-devel] Plasma panel

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 13:07:53 CEST 2007

This is an implementation of panels in Plasma.

It uses a Containment subclass, Panel.  PanelView (which was previously
called Panel) attaches to a Panel and displays it.

To get the panel, you need to delete
~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc, so that it will be regenerated.

Current issues:

* the layout is not working properly
* the applets get backgrounds when the panel is reloaded from
plasma-appletsrc (we have no hook into addApplet from subclasses of
Containment in which to do this)
* actually, the restore code doesn't even get the geometry right
any more (it worked a couple of days ago)
* You can add a Panel to the desktop, but no corresponding PanelView
will be created.  Also, it probably won't be attached to the side of
the screen (I haven't tested this)
* drag-and-drop on to the panel doesn't workissues:

I don't know how much time I'll have to work on this in the next week or
so.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org