[Panel-devel] Javascript and plasmoid: examples?

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 16:23:37 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 26 Sep 2007, Marco Mangiante wrote:
> Hello to every plasma guy,
>
> I'm in the startup to study javascript, so I'd like to know if there
> are examples of plasmoids written in that language.

The Tiger plasmoid is a very simple example.  See
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/plasma/applets/script/

> In your opinion, is better javascript or qtscript for this type of
> programming?

QtScript is, as far as I am aware, a javascript-based binding to the Qt
API.  I'm not sure exactly what the js binding in Plasma uses.

> Last question, for now. I searched in the bindings kde4 svn directory
> for javascript binding for kde4, but find nothing: where they are
> placed.

There's kjs and kjsembed in kdelibs, but I think kjsembed is being
scrapped in favour of QtScript.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org