[Panel-devel] Kickoff / KDE 4

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 25 20:09:48 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 25 September 2007, Eike Hein wrote:

to avoid unnecessary flame-fanning:

> when hard work is being passed over,

it isn't being passed over. there is nothing to pass over at the moment. it's
a work in progress. when it is ready then it will be offered as an option at
a *minimum* and will be examined for use in default set ups. but until it is
ready, there is no possibility to do so. hope that explains things better.

> but one way to
> avoid that happening is for those who do the work to
> talk to the rest of the project to make sure a design
> is workable and agreed upon, and I don't think that
> has happened here from what I've seen.

the raptor developers have been talking to artists and other developers,
including myself, for quite some time now. there has been communication,
though the raptor team has chosen to run with their own UI theories rather
than go to the OpenUsability folks. this is completely their right, and we'll
see how it shakes out in the end. experimentation is good and all that. but
yes, they have been communicative. just in their own way.

relaly, it seems that it has mostly been people outside of the raptor and
kickoff teams that have been helping confuse the situation =)