[Panel-devel] Kickoff / KDE 4

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 04:52:45 CEST 2007

>  i can make the plugins tomorrow.

Hold that for a moment.  Looking at the AbstractRunner interface it
doesn't provide all the required information.

Each item in the Kickoff display has three basic properties.

- Text (Required)
- Sub Title (Optional, but most items have)
- URL (Optional, but most items have)

Then there are additional data roles for other information ( such as
device udi ).  The most useful one is the URL, all the other
information can usually be calculated given that.  The current runner
interface works with QActions instead which only provides the text and
possibly an icon.

Looking at the Application runner, it is just a fairly simple wrapper
around the KServiceTypeTrader class which I didn't know about before.
Using KSTT directly within Kickoff would seem a sensible solution.