[Panel-devel] engines, applets and timing

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Fri Sep 14 19:17:13 CEST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 19:22:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> ah, that issue again .. you're the second person now to run into this..
> yes, you *must* create the source even if it is empty for now. not creating
> the source means the engine *rejects* the request completely. you can
> always fill in the data later.

Would it be possible that second call to source() in
DataEngine::Private::requestSource would enable createWhenMissing. It seems
to fix this but does it break something else?

Anyway original problem is still there:
plasma(20843) News::News: Loading applet news
plasma(20843) RssEngine::sourceRequested: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
plasma(20843) RssEngine::updateSource: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
plasma(20843) News::updated: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
plasma(20843) RssEngine::processRss: received  10  item(s) for  "KDE Dot News"

update doesn't get called called after processRss (which calls setData several
times).

News applet is good for testing this. svn has the up to date files that I use
for testing.

Petri

--
The only problem with mornings is that they happen too early in the
day.