[Panel-devel] BorderLayout

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:46:16 CEST 2007

Hi all,

This one I've made for my Lancelot plasmoid/application and thought that it
could be useful to others.

It is inspired by Java's BorderLayout - there are 5 items that can be shown.
One central and one for each border - left, right, top and bottom.

+--------------------------+
|           top            |
+---+------------------+---+
| l |                  | r |
| e |                  | i |
| f |      center      | g |
| t |                  | h |
|   |                  | t |
+---+------------------+---+
|          bottom          |
+--------------------------+

Border items are sized to match sizeHints - top and bottom obey height, left
and right obey width, and the central component is stretched without
consulting sizeHint.

There is a possibility to disable the usage of sizeHints for borders using the
  void set*FixedSize()
methods.

The diffs are attached

Cheers.

--
You know, there are many people in the country today who,
through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane.