[Panel-devel] engines, applets and timing

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Fri Sep 14 07:40:42 CEST 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 23:34:46 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > plasma(3338) News::News: Loading applet news
> > plasma(3338) RssEngine::sourceRequested: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
> > plasma(3338) RssEngine::updateSource: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
> > plasma(3338) News::newSource: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
> > plasma(3338) News::updated: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
> > plasma(3338) RssEngine::processRss: received  10  item(s) for  "KDE Dot
> > News"
> ok, this -should- be fixed now ... can you confirm? =)

Can't get it to work. Similar results if query is run from constructor and
connectSource is done newSource.

Another problem:
How ever if just do connectSource in constructor (like in clock and I think
this should be the right way?) I don't get update at all.

plasma(27776) News::News: Loading applet news
plasma(27776) RssEngine::sourceRequested: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
plasma(27776) RssEngine::updateSource: "http://localhost/feed.rdf"
plasma(27776) RssEngine::processRss: received  10  item(s) for  "KDE Dot News"

connectSource does not create DataContainer but it gets created when setData
is called and that is why I have to do connectSource in newSource?

Petri

--
"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
 Elbert Hubbard