[Panel-devel] QPixmapCache cache flushing

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 13 15:24:40 CEST 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> I'm a bit at a loss here. The only solution I currently see is making
> plasma use a different pixmap cache class.
>
> Any ideas?

as we push QPixmapCache (QPC) harder and harder here, i've been slowly coming
to the same realization that we need something better / more suited to our
needs. KPixmapCache can help by adding a disk backing to it, but it too uses
QPC internally so probably doesn't help overly much with this particular
issue.

looks like we will need to roll our own, though really it can't be too hard to
put together a class that manages a QHash<QString, QPixmap> right? =)