[Panel-devel] Scripting

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Mon Sep 10 11:31:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

What's the status with scripting support? There are some applets in playground
(rb, js). There are plasma dirs under kdebindings ruby and smoke. And in
plasma libs there is ScriptEngine which is not (yet) used anywhere?

I would like to have support for python, so I could port SuperKaramba themes
to plasma. Some thoughts that first came to mind when started to look that:
- python support obviously :-)
- rss engine for news
- html/rich text widget to show news
- custom engines (python) or if it's specific to one applet only should it be
just included in the applet and not use any dataengine?
- There seems to be SignalPlotter (Graph in SK) but not anything like bar in
SK .
- In plasma most of the applets could be resized easily so support for common
resizing (like Resize option in normal windows) would be nice.

And I'm also interested implementing some/all of those and not only trying to
add more items to TODO list...

Petri

--
"Hey ! It compiles ! Ship it !"