[Panel-devel] Infinite rekursion bug

Beat Wolf asraniel at fryx.ch
Sat Sep 8 19:55:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

i posted my bug in the irc chanel, but it was in the middle of a irc meeting
(again sorry about that).

So here the bug i discovered with plasma.
With the commit log and the notes plasmaoid, i get no background. Or better,
the backround is the plasma desktop.
I'ts quite hard to explain but i'll try:
Inside the notes plasmaoid, the plasma desktop is rendered. Now inside the
plasma desktop the notes plasmaoid is rendered (if i move it to tue top left
of the screen). inside that notes plasmaoid another plasma desktop is
rendered. etc etc.
This is all interactive, so when i move the notes plugin, all rekursive plasma
desktops move too. Here are a few screenshots that show the effect:
http://www.fryx.ch/Asraniel/plasmabug3.png
http://www.fryx.ch/Asraniel/plasmabug4.png
http://www.fryx.ch/Asraniel/plasmabug5.png

sometimes the real background of the notes plugin gets rendered (after some
time, i dont know how to trigger it). But in 90% of the cases that rekursive
background is rendered.
I looked around the source code, but since i'm absolutely not familiar with
plasma i didnt find anything. i couldnt debug either because i didnt know
where to look.

So, happy bughunting. If i can be of any help, just tell me (i can code, i'm
just not familiar with plasma, C++ and QT (but i learn fast))

greetings

Beat Wolf