[Panel-devel] Background painting bug

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 22:26:44 CEST 2007

> the borders shouldn't be stretched as that introduces artifacts. think
> about variable sized applets for a moment and it'll become apparent why.
Maybe I'm sleepy but I don't see what you're getting at. (unless you're
talking about bitmap related artifacts)

> in any case, the borders shouldn't contain any pieces of the background. it
> seems the background image you are using does. that should be fixed.
Even if it doesn't contain any part of the bkg (which is an extreme downer for
the artists - even the default theme has a part of the bkg in the borders -
it has to because of the round corners), the borders still can't hold
gradients.

> one might say this makes doing proper gradients impossible on borders;
> the "solution" would be to detect whether the data for the borders in the
What about having something like "left-stretch" as the svg object name if the
artist wants that to be stretched? This way a theme could hold both pattern
and stretch elements and could mix them - imagine laica format film - it
could have the top-bottom gradient which would be stretched, and holes on the
borders which would be pattern...

Cheers

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard