[Panel-devel] Latest changes screwed Xinerama setups

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 31 18:25:26 CET 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> you have xinerama
> .. xinerama is active
> .. number of screens from XineramaQueryScreens is 2
> .. number of screens from ScreenCount is 1

> That could it perhaps be, don't know, I changed from qt-copy to Qt 4.3.2
> from Arch-repo... don't know I will test...

ok, so XineramaQueryScreen is working, but ScreenCount isn't. that tells me
that your Qt is almost certainly compiled without xinerama support. please do
try qt-copy again and if that fixes it complain loudly to the maintainer of
that arch package.

oh, btw, there was a slight (though incosequential in your case) bug in the
last code i attached that i introduced purposefully to test it on my
non-xinerama machine .. for completeness (and in case others wish to test)
i've attached it here.