[Panel-devel] Latest changes screwed Xinerama setups

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 31 14:50:05 CET 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007, Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> > Mmh, I saw the blog-entry of apaku, but for me, the complete right
> > screen is empty, I can move windows there, but no plasma. :-(
> > The left screen is my main one and both have 1280x1024 ...
>
> I suggest to write a bugreport about that. I didn't really try other
> arrangements of monitors, so maybe Aaron just fixed the case of 2nd
> screen leftof 1st screen :)

heh.. well, now it's all generic and no assumptions are made of ordering.

looking at his debug output, only one screen (0) is getting a containment:

plasma(14529) PlasmaApp::createPanels: Containment name: "Desktop" | screen:
0 | geometry: QRectF(0,0 1280x1024) | zValue: 100

the size looks right, it just seems that screen 1 isn't getting a containment
at all.