[Panel-devel] svg rendering

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 13:16:43 CET 2007

On Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2007, Sean Harmer wrote:
> A problem that I have just run into is that in Qt 4.3.x rendering of fonts
> is not supported outside of the GUI thread. This leads to problems when
> trying to render for e.g. the analog clock SVG in a separate thread.

How many plasmoids have those issues? Could the threading not be disabled by
those plasmoids and be enabled by default for others? All they would have to
do when this feature is available is to remove the bit telling plasma to not
use multi-threading and all other plasmoids would already benefit from your
work.

Sven