[Panel-devel] Hardware info applet

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at dnainternet.net
Tue Oct 30 11:38:40 CET 2007

Hi,

Any ideas how to get hardware info for Hardware info applet (in
playground/system-monitor)

Currently using:
lspci | grep Audio | sed 's/.*: //g'
lspci | grep VGA | sed 's/.*: //g'
lspci | grep Ethernet | sed 's/.*: //g'
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' | tail -n 1 | sed 's/.*: //g'"

Which gives me what I need but is not very portable:
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
GPU: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8600 GT (rev a1)
Audio: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
Net: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (rev a3)

Petri

--
Bad spellers of the world Untie!