[Panel-devel] Plasma + 3d Globe == crash

Chris Howells chris+panel-devel at chrishowells.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 18:56:31 CET 2007

> On Sunday 28 October 2007, Chris Howells wrote:

> ok, so while this shouldn't be happening (it should be built if openGL
> support
> isn't found?) there should probably be a line right after the
> glversionstring
> one like:
>
> if (glGetError() != GL_NO_ERROR || glversionstring.isEmpty()) {
>     setFailedToLaunch(true);
>     return;
> }

Thanks, I will add that and check it stops the cras crash - crashing the
entirety of plasma is always bad :)

> however, it's odd that the error is GL_NO_ERROR (which is always 0) and
> yet
> this happens =)

Googlign suggets (and Matias seems to confirm :) that this is due to a
lack of OpenGL context, but I don't really know how to fix this (damn
being taugh OpenGL at uni by a lecturer who didn't have a clue about it
either!). Maybe Plasma::GLApplet should create a context by default, or
provide a way of querying GL version/capabilities?

Thanks.