[Panel-devel] svg rendering

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 28 18:17:55 CET 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007, Sean Harmer wrote:
> Just for info, I'm trying a little experiment to try and make Plasma::Svg
> use a multithreaded rendering backend. No idea if it will work yet or not.

brilliant; another place of threading performance improvement possibility will
be to put all the dataengines in their own thread ... most of the interaction
with engines happens via signal/slot and is assumed to be async so it should
be fairly easy ..

connectSource() will need some work, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

the query() method is one of the very few that might cause problems and
require some re-jigging as it's a direct, assumed-to-be-synchronous call.

we may be able to either get rid of query() all together or just make it
signal-driven as well.