[Panel-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff/ui

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 27 05:51:45 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> > this is extremely ugly, not only because it's a big block of colour but
> > because that big block of colour is ... a block. it would look *slightly*
> > better if it had rounded edges and a nice gradient to it
>
> I agree that it does not look modern (though I disagree with
> 'extremely ugly'), but at least it is usable for the moment.  Once we

a) i have no problem determining which is the active item
b) i do have a problem seeing many of the icons on that background
c) i understand you find it more usable. i find it less so.

> have a clear look in mind for the panel it will be easier to get
> Kickoff styled to match.  I suspect that I will end up borrowing ideas
> from the Dolphin delegate.  The whole palette might even change, who
> knows.

indeed. in the meantime we have something that looks very bad. i'd rather have
someting that looks ok which we can improve on later. i also completely
challenge the "not usable" thing without actual testing. i'm very sad that
beta4 has gone out with this look.

p.s. I just about missed this reply of yours because you sent it to
kde-commits versus panel-devel.. if we can, please keep the conversation
there as that is where it is most relevant.