[Panel-devel] Latest changes screwed Xinerama setups

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 27 01:14:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

please don't misunderstand this as complaining, I just want to hint that
what happened in the last 24 hours screwed Xinerama kde4 desktops.

So what I see now is a panel thats still too wide, but more importantly
I have 3 desktop widgets with only 2 screens. What seems to happen is
that plasma created a clone of the desktop area of the left screen and
put it at the left border of the right screen. Thus I now have this:

|                 |                    |   |
|                 |                    | s |
|     Screen 1    |  clone of screen 1 | c |
|                 |                    | r |
|                 |                    | e |
|                 |                    | e |
|                 |                    | n |
|-----------------|-------             | 0 |
|     Panel       |      |             |   |

Adding an applet to the cloned area also adds it to the real screen 1
and adding an applet to screen 0 does the right thing, only adding it
there. Moving the applet on screen 1 of course also moves it on the
clone and vice versa.

However what was fixed is that applets now are placed at the position
where I drag them, not always at the right border.

Andreas

--
You are going to have a new love affair.