[Panel-devel] applet config

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Oct 25 09:56:53 CEST 2007

On Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > I would like the new applet to start with same config values
> > what the previous one had when it was destroyed (When dealing with
> > multiple applets using the first config not in use).
>
> is this really what a user expects? what is the use case here exactly?

Currently it seems that if plasma crashes before one quit the session once all
config is gone, i.e. one has to add all applets again and change their
settings. But I guess that's not what was meant by destroying.

A use case for the above, as long as there is no "laptop mode", could be that
users remove applets when they want to save battery, as plasma tends to use
>5% CPU.

Or people remove (in fact hey just want to hide it) the picture frame when
using their laptop in some public/office space.

Sven