[Panel-devel] Applet Manager Dialog

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 05:56:58 CEST 2007

> > > So what do users see? We need to be consistent so that users won't get
> > > confused.
> >
> > I'd say:
> > plasmoid: word for the masses
> > applet: tecnical word for developer (like... we subclass from
> > Plasma::Applet)
>
> +1
> 'plasmoid' is just too cool, we must let the users see that name ;-)

I think you're right. :)

in technical terms, we have an applet, which may have several widgets on it
(including layout widgets).
the average user doesn't make such distinctions, though, so I think each thing
you can drag from the appletbrowser should be called a plasmoid.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com