[Panel-devel] the great playground exodus

Percy Leonhardt mailings at eris23.de
Mon Oct 15 21:54:54 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Percy Leonhardt wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i see it's using the linux wifi stuff; it should really be using
> > Solid::Networking for platform independance ...
>
> Ok, I will see what Solid already offers and use it where possible.... and
> report what's missing.

Hmm, all I found in Solid was

bool Solid::NetworkInterface::isWireless() const
QString Solid::NetworkInterface::ifaceName() const
QString Solid::NetworkInterface::hwAddress() const
qulonglong Solid::NetworkInterface::macAddress() const

The current network applet implementation uses
- ip address
- hw address
- received bytes
- transmitted bytes

and for wireless interfaces additionally:
- essid
- link quality
- encrytion state
- bitrate

The current network engine offers even more data but the above mentioned
subset would be a minimum to switch to Solid.

Did I miss something or are the Solid networking information rather limited at
the moment?

	Percy