[Panel-devel] rfc on runner ordering

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 15:31:54 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 11:50:52 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007 11:33:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > Another (totally unrelated) thing that occurs to me: Currently, I don't
> > > get a context menu when right-clicking on the desktop (well, I do get
> > > something that *might* be a context menu, its dimensions seem broken --
> > > QSize(1,1)). Is that a known problem? (It makes starting up
> > > applications rather inconvenient...)
> >
> > you need to svn up and possibly delete the plasma config files =) though
> > hopefully the latter shouldn't be necessary ......
> >
> > i've recently fixed both showing an empty menu (should you receive such a
> > thing, which you shouldn't ;) as well as not having a default containment
> > when there is no plugin listed in the config file (which should net you a
> > desktop containment now)
> >
> > when was your last svn up and build in workspace/?
>
> Build from yesterday, early during the day. I'll update and recompile later
> tonight to check. (It's one of those rare days I'm at the office, no build
> environment handy.) That's also when I nuked ~/.kde4 for the last time.
> Anyway, I'll make sure later.

In 723370 (just updated some minutes ago) I still don't get a context menu.
The console says

plasma(6105) Plasma::Containment::contextMenuEvent: let's see if we manage to
get a context menu here, huh

Nothing (not even the one-pixel-dummy) shows up there. I'll rebuild all of KDE
cleanly now, to make sure it's not my setup (which it most likely is).

The tasks applet in the panel also doesn't show up for me, not sure if that's
just broken, or again some problem with my setup. We'll see.
--
sebas