[Panel-devel] rfc on runner ordering

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 10:50:08 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 10:37:05 Robert Knight wrote:
> > one approach would be to record the type of runner
>
> What about runners that can return different types of result, the main
> example being the search runner?  That might return mail, pictures,
> misc. documents, contacts and probably more depending on the search
> tool.
>
> Depending on the kind of result it might have a different priority.

Ordering results based on mtime might also make sense (often opened
applications or files are more likely to be what I want). I could also think
of the location that matters (i.e. ~/pr0n is probably more important than
~/work, eeeh, wait, results in ~ compared to results in /usr).
--
sebas, trying hard to make things more complicated.