[Panel-devel] Scripted DataEngines

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at dnainternet.net
Thu Nov 29 18:33:32 CET 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 17:58:06 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> additionally, *if* we do this, i'd like to see ScriptEngine extended to
> support this. right now ScriptEngine is pretty Applet-centric. but we will
> likely end up supporting scripted runners as well, and i'd really, really
> like to avoid having N*Y plugins where Y are the types (applets, runners,
> engine) and N are the languages. much more sensible, to me, would be to
> have one class that handles all the scripting needs for a given language.
> then one person can sit down and write one plugin; this should also keep
> code quality consistent and encourage people to work together.

This sounds good. In the mean time I'll propably do what I was going to do in
the first place (Convert the dataengine to accept script name as a source).
It will give me some kind of script support before it's done properly (or if
it's done at all). Is playground (as the name says?) a place for this kind
playing or is it only for projects that are meant to be moved to extragear,
kdebase, ...?

Petri

--
You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi