[Panel-devel] Launcher applet makes plasma crashing

Ismael Asensio caciquecola500 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:21:02 CET 2007

Hi all! I've been trying the kde 4 for a week now, and I've found a bug that
makes plasma totally crash.

I can reproduce it by dragging any file (from dolphin or any other app, as
well as kde3 konqueror, for instance) to the plasma desktop. By following
the backtrack (attached), I've found that it's related to the launcher
applet where probably, the init() function in url.cpp is called AFTER
calling setUrl, and thus, the m_icon field is empty at that moment.
Simply adding a launcher applet from the applet selector causes no bug.

I've repared it by means of the following patch, but it is for sure a pretty
hackish way. I'm attaching it anyway.

BTW, I am totally new to kde4 and plasma development, but I'd like to help
by solving little issues like this or any other stuff as far as I'm able to.
Is there any bug database to track svn bugs or jobs? I'm aware of kde-krush
saturdays, but it is not usually a good date for me :p. Thank you for all
the amount of awesome work, and sorry if the list is not the place for this
kind of message (instead of any wiki, bug tracker, or so)

Cheers!