[Panel-devel] A few issues

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Nov 24 06:17:44 CET 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Hello!
>

> Before I forget the little things I noticed I want to write them down,
> mabye somebody else sees them too.
>
> 1. Add the picture frame plasmoid to the desktop, open its settings and
> select slideshow, then click on the icon next to the lineedit to open the
> "select folder" dialogue.
>
> For me the folders are not sorted

that has nothing to do with plasma, that's the file dialog, right?

> I get graphical corruptions when
> scrolling up and they do not expand when I double-click them.

qt + argb visuals + nvidia == brokenness in scrolling. we'll have to figure
out what to do about that.

> 2. If I move the mouse over a plasmoid the handles do not always disappear
> after the mouse left it already.

known issue, already in bugzilla.

> 3. Moving the comic-strip plasmoid is very slow, slower than moving a
> transparent window, but that might make sense.

it shouldn't be. perhaps it's repainting everything every time and not from
the cached image.

> 4. The commit log plasmoid has been broken for ages, should it not be
> removed?

isn't it in playground?

> 5. I can drag some plasmoids, e.g. commit log by clicking on their border
> (not handles). For others, e.g. the solid notifier this does not work.

that's why we have handles.

> 6. If one opens the "add applet" dialogue and then starts dashboard one can
> open another "add applet" dialogue.

you mean open another add applet dialogue in the dashboard? so you have one on
both the dashboard and desktop?